Rolling Stone magazine calls them “a big, multifaceted, tower-of-power sound” and writes, “inspired by the independent spirit of 90s grunge, Empires’ music takes the urgency and emotion of that era and reboots it for a new generation.”
Empires, along with Mutt, will be playing at The Sett this Saturday night, all free of charge.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Empires is an alternative rock band from Chicago, IL.
- They’re music is grungy, independent, confident, and catchy. It’s something that will stay stuck in your head. You won’t be mad about it.
- A review of their album “Garage Hymns”: “That unbothered, focused approach carries the record’s best moments and gives its duller spots a little extra polish. Here’s living proof that while attitude is fun, it’s a poor substitute for honesty.”
- Here’s their Facebook page. Here’s their Twitter. Most importantly, here’s their Soundcloud.
- This song is amazing:
- Their live shows are incredible:
- The show starts at 9:00pm in Union South at The Sett. Get there early to grab a pitcher of Spotted Cow and to watch Mutts. This show is going to be incredible; we hope to see you there.